The BlueArc / HDS HNAS Mercury M100 has had minimally two distinct hardware revisions. The initial revision of the hardware was sometimes unreliable. To determine which hardware revision you are running do the following:
- Determine the management IP addresses of the nodes in your Mercury cluster . To do this log into the SMU (eg. https://smu) as admin. Then go to Home -> Server Settings -> Cluster Configuration and record the IP addresses of the cluster nodes (eg. 192.0.2.200 and 192.0.2.201).
- Then ssh into the SMU (eg. ssh [email protected]). Hit q to get to the command prompt.
- At the command prompt of the SMU ssh to each cluster node individually (eg. ssh 192.0.2.200).
- Run the following command: ver -h | grep Tachyon
- The output of that command will determine which hardware revision you are running:
- Rev A hardware is identified as follows: Tachyon: QX4 1.2 (HPFC-6440C)
- Rev B hardware is identified as follows: Tachyon: QE4+ 1.1 (PM8036 (Rev B))